Since 2002, Mika Rock has devoted her work to support families. She is a holistic birth and postpartum Doula and childbirth educator. A Yoga teacher specializing in pelvic floor and hormonal health and wellness. A Shiatsu therapist. Her life and professional experience inspired her to choose to support people in life’s transitions. In her work as a Doula and Yoga teacher she combines her knowledge from her scientific background with her practice and teaching of yoga and mindfulness.
Mika Rock exudes quiet strength and wisdom. She is unshakably grounded, an exceptionally attentive listener, and has a good head on her shoulders. I really felt nothing could either faze her or elicit judgement from her; and she is naturally very compassionate. This is exactly the person you want to have by your side when going through child birth.
My birth story would have been traumatic without all the support I had. I went through 36 hours of induced labour (including excruciatingly painful hyper contractions and literally off the charts Pitocin contractions) ending in a C-section, and Mika was there for me every step of the way. Some highlights that stood out were:
- She came over on short notice a few days before the scheduled labour to answer our extra questions about induction
- She empowered me in my decision making during each step of labour
- She offered support to my partner so he could better support me
- Her quick thinking in extracting my colostrum before my surgery so that my baby’s first food would be breast milk
- It was through her clear instructions that my baby finally latched during our postpartum visit
- Her continued support through check ins and resources beyond the final postpartum visit
Being a Doula is a true calling for Mika and any expecting parent-to-be would be lucky to have her by their side. I highly recommend Mika and would hire her again as my doula in a heartbeat!